Fontavis, a Swiss asset manager within the energy and infrastructure field, has signed a purchase agreement with OX2 for six turbines at Stigshöjden with a total output of 21.6 MW.
OX2 began work on the Stigshöjden wind farm, which is in Västernorrland, 35 km southwest of Örnsköldsvik, earlier this year. OX2 will also manage the park for Fontavis when the wind farm is completed in the autumn of 2019. Its expected average production is approximately 62 GWh per year.
“Stigshöjden and the collaboration with OX2 is an ideal starting position to leverage Fontavis’ activities in the Nordics” Marc Schürch, Director at Fontavis
“We are very pleased to have established a good and long-term business relationship with Fontavis and are looking forward to delivering another high-quality wind farm,” says Paul Stormoen, Managing Director of OX2 Wind.
OX2 is currently building five wind farms, totalling approximately 360 MW in the Nordic Countries, approximately 235 MW of which is in Sweden.
About Stigshöjden wind farm:
- The facility will consist of six Vestas V117 wind turbines, rated at 3.6 MW, with a total height of 150 metres
- The project site has an average wind speed of about 7.4 metres per second at the turbines’ hub height
- Expected average production of approximately 62 GWh per year, which is equivalent to the annual electricity consumption for 12,400 households (5,000 kWh per household)
- Estimated deployment in the autumn of 2019
- The largest sub-contractors are: Mobjer (bases and groundwork) and E.ON (grid connection)
For more information, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org